Tuesday, June 06, 2006

firsts

Tuesday, June 06, 2006
A week of firsts for me.

I saw my little brother hold hands with a girl. I felt half-weirded out, half-jealous.

I started work at the new office. Colleagues and bosses are lovely. Some little hiccups on my working tools but I'm sure they can (and will) be fixed.

I joined Fitness First. Cost me a bomb but I swore to myself I'll go everyday before (and maybe after) work. The reason of my sudden gungho-ness is below.

I almost had a heart attack (I think). Was at Kinokuniya and listening to mum explaining from a recipe book how easy healthy food can be prepared when I suddenly could hear nothing but my heart thudding against my ribs. The beats accelerated. Blood rushed to my brains and my lower body became numb. I started suffocating and swaying off my feet. I tried to call for my brother but couldn't utter a sound. 5 seconds of this and my vision started to clear. My heart was still racing. I was scared shitless! Was that a stroke? Pre-stroke? Mini cardiac arrest?

Happy birthday Nene. Not everyone can share the limelight with the devil. You have it this year so flaunt it ya! I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. You're not that old.

Are you?

:P

Unknown said...

Are you stressed? Sometimes that can get you too. My 5 year old grandson's birthday is today. Devilish? yes. More devilish? his 4 year old sister.

Unknown said...

sounds like high blood pressure, which also can be helped with diet and exercise. I have been a schytzo about health for decades, I exercise and I smoke (2 or 3 cigs a day), and I always had good health UNTIL

I hit 40.