Wednesday, November 09, 2005

wendy's wedding dinner

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My cousin Wendy (go read my entry October last year, I have no idea how to link) got married last week. Flew all the way from California to have the Chinese ceremony in an armpit of a town called Ayer Tawar. I'm glad she did, anyhoo. It's rare to have the whole clan united in one place for the same cause.

Brian (the obvious one in the picture that's not a cousin) brought a troop of 8 other family members along. I was telling cousins within earshot that our typical 8-course Chinese wedding dinner must have been a 3-hour Fear Factor segment for the foreign visitors. Coupled with a few hardcore karaoke microphone-hogging guests (Brian's brother grimaced when the fourth off-key, off-tempo singer shamelessly announced, "and now I shall sing my 3rd song for tonight, a masterpiece from 1947...") also typical at such occassions, I was surprised Brian's parents didn't start yanking off their hair and run screaming out of the restaurant. Wendy must have prepared them well.

Aaah. They're so gonna have beautiful mixed parentage babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you tengah tengok cicak 'kat dinding eh?

kong yoke said...

i'm going to have beautiful mixed parentage babies.