Monday, September 19, 2005

stoppit!

Monday, September 19, 2005
Oh fuck a duck!
My neighbour's at it again! Having discovered the joys of karaoke just last week, this next-door (oh fuck it why couldn't it be next street?) neighbour of mine bought a home set and totally wrecked the harmonious and tranquil equilibrium of this cosy little neighbourhood. With his obnoxious tone deaf voice. Nevermind - he's brave. With his song selection of remixed hokkien oldies . Nevermind - he's old and maybe he had a tough life and now only can enjoy. With my room walls trembling and door jiggling with the pirated karaoke VCD's volume cranked up to the max. CANNOT NEVERMIND!

What the fuck! Old farts can just ignore the unspoken rules of courtesy is it?! My other neighbours, when house got people die, the chanting also go on until 11.45pm maximum only. THAT is called considerate. Another neighbour, last weekend her daughter got married, the bleating car horns and whole noisy parade started at 10am. THAT is called showing neighbourliness. This one, every fucking day starts his session at 7.30am, until now 9.23pm I'm nursing a bad headache wanna come home for a short nap before going in again for an all-nighter... until sometimes I come home at 11pm still singing (singing? pah!) away.

Dear God. I am truly truly sorry for cursing and scolding my colleague under my breath when she turns on her music very loud while another colleague is already playing the radio. I forgive her for not knowing the existence of headphones. I promise not to sulk in the future when this incident occurs. I will just go into Big Boss's room to do my thinking and conceptualising. Please zap this profane old fart and his equally obnoxious family (yaya you all don't know some of your neighbours have only Saturday mornings to sleep 2 hours more? and some families have kids that need to study/practise piano/play with pets?) to Timbuktu or somewhere else that doesn't have electricity.

I am so mad. But the Malaysian in me is still fighting with the Western me from watching movies. Like how to react in predicaments such as this one. And I've shortlisted the options to 3:
Western style
Bang on the neighbour's door and ask the fart to shut his yap or I'll puncture his car tyres.
Singaporean (is it?) style
Call the authorities (who? can someone gimme a number?) using an anonymous name.
Malaysian style
Complain to the security guards and other neighbours or their maids. Ask the other neighbours to ask the Neighbourhood Committee to talk to the fart. And continue to whine in my blog while hoping all this will end soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

malaysia style it is! ho ho.